Becky's Blog

Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

I had an 8am appt. with Dr. Matwijiw today. I arrived about 10 til and left about 10. In pursuit of the cause of the sensation of heat and numbness in my left arm, after being checked out by a neurologist, cardiologist, and gastroenterologist, now, I am seeing an endocrinologist. Dr. Mat does not feel that this is a hormonal problem because it is one-sided in a specific area. He said that doesn't happen with hormones-premarin, synthroid, or miacalcin. He says that he thinks I may be on too much synthroid though and said he is "worried about my bones". Apparently too much synthroid can hasten bone loss making osteoporosis worse. I did not know that. He said he will do a neck xray to check for a "cervical rib". He says that sometimes people, more commonly women, grow an extra rib in their neck. It can cause pressure on nerves and blood vessels when your body relaxes--hence, the numbness and heat only when I'm asleep. He said if that is negative, he will do a cat scan of my neck and upper chest. He ordered a UA, vit D levels, and a comprehensive metabolic panel. He also ordered a bone scan since it has been about a year. I need to call and schedule that. He also ordered a TSH, free T4,T3, SPEP (I don't know what that is). Hopefully with all that we can figure this thing out.
Chuck and Maureen showed up about 3:30 pm. They will be visiting thru Monday morning. The plan is: Melanie and Jorge will bring Gabriel over tonight after dinner to babysit. We will go to Baytown Seafood around 6:00pm.
Tomorrow, Melanie and Jorge will come over in the afternoon. We will eat at Golden Coral and come back to the house to play poker. Sara and Joseph will come over too. Sunday we are all going to church. I have to be there at 6:45am for practice before the sunrise service, they will come later. I have to play in the evening service and they will go to a movie. Chuck and Maureen will leave Monday morning. I have a followup visit with Dr. Muayad at 1:00pm--bad timing. I would have liked to have gone fishing on Monday. Oh, well.
later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home